Please note, I have moved all the pattern files to Ravelry. You will need to be a member to download them. Membership is free.

7/24/09

Mexican Waters Lattice Socks

Last Winter we went on a vacation to Tulumn, Mexico. It was the best vacation I ever had. I started working on these socks while sitting on the beautiful beach there, and the Malabrigo sock yarn I used was exactly the same color as the water I viewed every morning on the lanai with my coffee.

The stitch pattern I used for these top down socks is Quilted Lattice from Barbara Walkers Treasury of Knitting Patterns Vol. 1.

So I've decided to call these the Mexican Waters Lattice Socks.

Mexican Waters Lattice Socks



The instructions are written for knitting on 2 circular needles, but are easily adjusted for any method of sock knitting.

Close up view of stitch pattern


Click here for the PDF file:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the lovely pattern! Can't wait to try it..

jan jones said...

those are beautiful. what wonderful work. i may give them a try over the winter.

Sue said...

Beautiful socks! Thank you for sharing your wonderful pattern.

lej619 said...

wow I think i have some yarn allmost the same color!! I now have to go and find it and start working on these!!

Anonymous said...

I thought your Mexican Waters sock was beautiful, but when I went to download it, it said it was an invalid file. I am really interested in knitting it. Can you send it to me?

My e-mail is stroehl@comcast.net

Thank you, Debbie Stroehlein

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem as Debbie Stroehlein. "Link not Found." How can I get the pattern? kamsbury@sbcglobal.net