Please note, I have moved all the pattern files to Ravelry. You will need to be a member to download them. Membership is free.

1/9/10

Franks Little Cables

I wanted to make a pair of chocolate brown socks for my new son-in-law, Frank, for Christmas, preferably with some kind of cable stitch in them. I just love this tiny little twisted stitch cable pattern. It’s super simple to remember, works up very quickly, and doesn’t require cable needles to cross them.

Franks Little Cables


Materials required are 430 yards of fingering weight sock yarn and size 2 or 3 needles.

This pattern is written for knitting in the 2-circular needle method but can easily be converted to other methods. It features a 2 by 2 ribbed cuff, a simple twisted stitch cable pattern in the leg, slip stitch heel, and standard toe shaping.
Sizes: Ladies/Mens Medium

Close up of stitch pattern



Click here for the PDF file:



I test knitted this pattern several times, but even still there might be errors. Please let me know if there are by posting a comment here.

Happy knitting!

1 comment:

Sara said...

The stitch pattern is lovely! So many projects, so little time...