Please note, I have moved all the pattern files to Ravelry. You will need to be a member to download them. Membership is free.

4/16/11

A Rainbow for My Hand



 I have decided to go ahead and put this pattern online even though I'm not quite done with the test knitting yet. I'm just too excited about it.


This design was actually inspired by another design for Entrelac fingerless mitts. I have shortened it, written it for knitting on 2 circular needles rather than double points, and improved the instructions so it fits better, taking care of the problems I had with the other pattern.


 It features 2x2 rib for the cuffs and top with small Entrelac blocks in between. By decreasing and increasing the sizes of the blocks, I have succeeded in shaping the mitt for a better fit. It is written to fit a womans hand with about an 8 inch circumference. Finished length is 9 inches.


This design works best with yarns that have long color repeats. The model was made using Ty-Dy Socks from Knit One Crochet Too. Other yarns I would recommend are Noro Kureyon Sock, Mini Mochi from Crystal Palace Yarns, Poems Sock by Wisdom Yarns, and Zauberball by Schoppel-Wolle. (I'm curious how it would look using some of the Jacquard yarns, though.)


Click on the following link to download:



I do my best to make these patterns accurate, but even still there might be errors. Please let me know if there are by posting a comment here.

Live long and prosper! \\// 

ETA: 4/26/2011 Errors were found in the pattern. Official version now posted.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just learned how to entrelac. I'm so excited to have found your pattern because this is exactly what I was looking for to make for myself. I have until next winter...give or take 5-6 months to get them done.
THANKS AGAIN!!!

Mindi said...

As an admitted entrelac addict (4 scarves, 2 blankets and a felted tote), I am in love with this pattern and can't wait to make them. Thank YOU!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is just what I was looking for to go with the entrelac scarf I am making. Thank you soooooooo much for sharing your lovely pattern. Your mitts are gorgeous and I hope I can make mine turn out as nice as yours. Blessings Sheri in Oregon

Anonymous said...

This is one of the most interesting pattern for knitting that I have ever seen! I had never heard of this until today - I am going to give it a try - any suggestions for making these in "kid" size? My neices would love these!
Thanks,
Kelly
kellydesigns1@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

The pattern calls for two 24-inch size 1 circular needles. Is that right??

Beadknitter said...

@Deborah Farrell,
Yes, that is right. It's knit on 2 circular needles.

Beadknitter