Please note, I have moved all the pattern files to Ravelry. You will need to be a member to download them. Membership is free.

7/10/12

Fancy Flossy Shrugs

Recently someone donated a large quantity of fur yarn to the local charity knitting group, Knit Wits, which my daughter and I belong to. My daughter and I have taken it upon ourselves to do something with it for the group. I came up with a pair of shrug patterns just for the occasion. After all, there are only so many scarves a person can make.

Modeled by my friend Rosie


These make great gifts and a wonderful donation to nursing homes and life care centers. The finished size of each shrug is 52 inches wide (cuff to cuff) by 18 inches long (which stretches to 24 inches when worn).

Modeled by my friend Rosie


Close up of stitch pattern


They feature 1 by 1 ribbed cuffs and variations of Garter Lace stripes across the body.

Modeled by my friend Rosie

Materials needed are at least 2 different yarns and size 10 and 15 needles, so they are a quick knit. Here are pics of some others I've made using this pattern set.

Rich reds

Detail of stitch pattern

The pattern file is in PDF format and is 574K in size. It includes instructions for both shrugs.

Mint and sea blues


Make the stripes using a contrasting colored bulky weight
boucle' and contrasting cuffs 

This one was made by my daughter Ruth.

Cool blues

Contrasting fur and variegated yarn


If you want this free pattern,
click here ----> Fancy Flossy Shrugs


If you should find errors in this pattern, please let me know by posting a comment here.



3 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Definitely a good way of using up the "fuzzy yarn", it looks very nice and super quick to knit up too!

Snowcatcher said...

I've been donating stash to a charity knitting and crocheting group in Colorado, and this post made me all warm and fuzzy inside because maybe those crafters made something cool like this for nursing home patients! (I donated a lot of fuzzy yarn.)

I wish the ExDir had poked around a bit more and taken notice of the good things you are doing here. Maybe they'll be back to check it out further...

Beadknitter said...

I'm closing comments on this post because I keep getting spam.

Beadknitter