Please note, I have moved all the pattern files to Ravelry. You will need to be a member to download them. Membership is free.

9/4/13

Little Garter Checks

I have a new pattern to share! I call this Little Garter Checks Mens Mittens.



This fairly easy pattern is written for 2 sizes to fit larger hands, ie. men, and features a knit in thumb gusset for comfort and good fit. The smaller size has a finished length of 11 inches and a hand circumference of 8 inches. The larger size is 12 inches in length and 8.75 inches in circumference.



About 200 to 350 yards of worsted weight yarn and a stitch holder are required for these wonderfully textured mittens. It's written for 2-circular needles in size 5, but converting for double points or Magic Loop should be fairly easy.



To download the PDF of this pattern, click on the link:





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Finding patterns for men's mittens is harder than I expected.
Bev

Cleo said...

I love the texture!

Tracy said...

How can I adjust this for a man with a hand circumference of 10.5 inches?

Beadknitter said...

By adding more stitches in quantities of 4 because the stitch pattern is 4 stitches wide. I haven't knit this in awhile, but I think adding 8 stitches is probably enough. Leave the thumb as is. Add length after the row where you put the thumb stitches on a holder. I hope that makes sense.
Beadknitter

Tracy said...

It does. Thank you!