Please note, I have moved all the pattern files to Ravelry. You will need to be a member to download them. Membership is free.

1/20/18

Sporty Raglan Baby Cardigan

Happy New Year! It's been ages since I've added any patterns. Well, guess what? I'm adding one today. I've written my first baby sweater pattern.



I came up with this pattern to use for charity knitting. I make a lot of baby layette sets and wanted a cardigan that was a little more masculin for baby boys.



This sporty little cardigan is knit from the top down. It features raglan shoulders and 1 by 1 ribbing for the collar, bottom welt, sleeve cuffs, and button bands. It’s a fast and easy knit.



The yoke is done in Intarsia so there will be no floats from changing colors. It is a good pattern for beginning Intarsia knitters to use.

This cardigan requires 1 skein each of 2 colors of worsted weight yarn, but you can use any number of colors you want. You will need 5 half or three quarter inch buttons too. (The buttons on the model: Lets Play Ball buttons)



Stitch markers are required. I highly recommend you use a strand of contrasting color yarn to hold the sleeve stitches when completing the body. I found it is almost impossible to use stiff metal stitch holders because of the nature of how this garment is knitted. If you do not want to use yarn, the Clover flexible stitch holders work great.

I wrote this in 2 sizes, 3-6 and 6-12 months, because those are the two sizes of baby items I regularly make for my charity group.




The pattern is in PDF format and can be downloaded here:



As usual, I strive to make my patterns error free, but sometimes things can slip by. If you should find one or more in this pattern, please let me know by posting a comment here.



No comments: